Chocolate chip peanut butter cookies recipe
Love peanut butter and chocolate? Try these guilt-free chocolate chip peanut butter cookies for a treat by Heidi Cannon.
What you’ll need
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups oatmeal
- 1 sachet Stevia sweetener
- 1 cup chocolate protein powder
What you’ll do
Mix ingredients and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown (these cookies bake fast, so keep a close watch on the oven).
Heidi’s protein baking intel:
1. Always pre-spray any cooking tin or sheet as protein loves to stick! I use coconut oil or low- cooking spray. It also helps to use a non-stick baking dish or sheet.
Nutrition info (per cookie)
2. Watch your baking. All ovens cook differently, so check them every five to 10 minutes to ensure optimal results.
3. Freeze. Because these recipes have no butter, flour or sugar, they don’t typically stay as well preserved as regular cakes and cookies. If you won’t get through 48 cookies in a few days (a-hem), freeze the rest and thaw as you need them. They’ll still taste great.
kJ 96 // Fats 1.63g // Carbs 1.56g // Protein 3.34g
Looking for more guilt free treats? Try these high protein chocolate cupcakes.