Got a craving for a nice, juicy hamburger, but afraid you’ll feel guilty after eating it?
I’ve got just the solution for you: an amazing turkey burger.
This turkey burger is hearty enough to satisfy your appetite AND healthy enough to not cancel out all that work you did at the gym. The burger is garnished with cranberries for a nice kick of . You can even replace the bun with lettuce for some added nutritional value!
We know you won’t miss beef after biting into these burgers!
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 small green apple, minced
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1/3 of a cup of blanched almond flour
- 1 lb. of ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning
- 1/4 of a cup of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Cranberry sauce
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut oil, onion, celery, and apple. Season with sea salt and pepper. Sauté until tender (about 5 minutes). Stir in the almond flour. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Mix in the turkey, poultry seasoning, parsley, Dijon, and egg. Form 6 patties.
- Wipe out the skillet, add the olive oil, and cook the patties over medium high heat for 12 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with a dollop of cranberry sauce. Enjoy!